View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: Adam the Expert at C-bury

[ QUOTE ]
I saw him earlier in the year at St. Croix in Turtle Lake WI. I don't know what you guys mean about towels and disguises. He is heavy and had no disguise. He looks like a Trekkie who lives in his mom's basement. Maybe he also plays too much Magic...

But yes, he believes he is a know-it-all and will let everyone at the table know how stupid they are in his opinion. No people skills. No poker skills. No common sense.

Contrary to what I am here, I'm ok in person. So basically I just watched and listened as the other players at the table mocked him and argued with him.

[/ QUOTE ]
This is him. No towels.

You summed him up pretty well. I was sitting next to him and was mostly silent or politely chuckled at his stories. He did berate people but no one said anything. Basically he killed any fun that people were having, though, by continually mentioning how dumb a game limit holdem is. I almost got a table change, but it was clear he was going to bust relatively soon.

He clearly has some issues.

I laughed at one thing: This harmless lady was down to her last few chips so she laid out a big bill on the table. Dealer called for checks. Meanwhile she won a hand. She went to put the $100 bill back in her purse since she didn't really need it anymore (the dealer made her keep it out). Adam almost had a heart attack. "That's the most unbelievable thing I've seen in 20 years of poker. She puts out the 100, wins the pot, then has the nerve to try and put the 100 back in her pocket. That is RICH." You'd think she got caught with an ace up her sleeve.