View Single Post
Old 04-23-2005, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Fantasy trade etiquette

[ QUOTE ]
In one of my leagues I was just offered a trade. Players are insignifant, but I PM him back and accepted his offer. Since I can't access my fantasy site through work, I received this message when I returned home this evening.

"I have to wait before I will give the final say. I have another trade that is a bit better, if it passes. I will adivse..."

I have always operated under the philosophy that if I offer you something and you accept, I've lost my right to rethink things. I've also never had this happen in 10+ years. Thus, I'm pretty confused.

Is this a normal practice? How should I respond?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope sorry. A trade offer is just a starting point. It isn't a done deal until BOTH parties tell the commish they agree to it. That said, I'd e-mail him back with the following:

"Sounds good to me. I have some other stuff in the works myself involving these players. Let's just both agree that if you don't get back to me by ______, then the deal is off."

Believe me, it'll put the pressure back on him. It's your job to make him think you could care less whether the deal gets done.