View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Splitting the MTT Forum

If there was a forum specifically for higher buy-in events, there would be few (not none) posts that are so incredibly basic that it wouldn't warrant a response. So in that sense, noise would also be reduced to those who consider "basic" posts as such. I think it's a tough situation and go back and forth on what to do.

I try to make sure that every "reasonable" post has a response. So if I see that nobody has responded to something I'll respond. I see that as part of my "job". But I absolutely admit that reading a post's title goes a long way in whether or not I'm going to spend time reading the post, and many many posts just seem very basic, have a couple of responses, and therefore I move on. And because 9 out of 10 posts might fall into that category it's very easy to miss the occasional gem. I know many experienced posters who do the same and because of that we don't get the benefit of their knowledge. It's really not because of the official threads. Those are SO easy to just skip because the title says it all. Noise for me is when I decide to read a post only to decide not to respond. And separating official posts from strategic ones really won't accomplish that.