View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 11:37 PM

Default Re: A Post Splitting Suggestion for Elite Players-MLG et al

[ QUOTE ]
A couple of reactions to this idea. First, I think that the problems posed by establishing a group of posters would impossible to overcome. Honestly, it was decided it wasn't even a good idea to list which players were elite in the FAQ, how would we be able to decide on who was elite enough to post? Secondly any forum like that would undoudbetdly hurt the existing "non-elite" forum. That doesnt seem fair to me. A split wouldnt hurt the existing forum, just make it easier to manage. While I do admit there is something appealing about the idea of having a discussion group limited to top players, i dont think these forums are the right arena for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps I'm naive, but what if we made it self-selecting? I mean I certainly wouldn't try to get included on the posting list, but I'd read the hell out of a board like this. I think most of this "Elite" know who they are (though most would probably say, "Aw, shucks, ma'am, I'm not that good.") and will act responsibly.

And if, down the road, some donkey decides he's elite based on his single luckbox win in a Party Super Wednesday, we can worry about it then.