View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 06:10 AM

Default Re: ++ Stars $500k garunteed ++

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, in all fairness, one could argue that a great tournament player wouldn't be all-in for all of his chips that often, and instead, would generally be putting others all-in, so that it is not actually he who needs to get lucky by having his hand hold up multiple times, but others.

Also, great job ZJ!

[/ QUOTE ]

My example was oversimplified, sure, but I don't think the statement you made makes much logical difference.

(1) You had to acquire those chips somewhere if you have your opponents covered. At some point, you put your chips at jeopardy to get those extra chips.

(2) Let's say you more often put somebody else all-in for all their chips than you go all-in yourself. You can lose more of these and stay alive, but you also have to win more of these to continue accumulating. Lose one or two in a row, and suddenly it is you who is being put all-in.

I think it is generally agreed that the skill in poker involves pushing your edges. If you have an edge against somebody with half of your stack, or somebody who has you covered, a great tournament player pushes that edge, even for all of his chips.

[/ QUOTE ]

Edit: Actually he went all in with KQ preflop...

Still awful IMO to reraise and go all in with garbage like that.

What decent player does such a thing? Seriously.