View Single Post
Old 08-15-2005, 07:35 AM

Default Re: 20% vpip at 50nl 6max

Lots of different things work in 6-max. 20% VP$IP is pretty low, but I don't see any reason why you can't be a consistent winner playing this way, especially if people are not paying attention. Besides, your raising with a wide enough range of hands that you don't look like a total rock.

I think as you play more 6-max you will naturally loosen up a bit. Hand values change in 6-max so something like KJ becomes on OK hand in a raised 6-max pot, but its pretty crappy in full ring. The thing you will convince yourself of is that 1 and 2 gappers (not even necessarily suited), Axs, and, suited kings (down to K7) can be playable in raised pots as well, depending on circumstances. If you make a pair on the flop with one of these hands (Aces with Axs excluded) and your heads up in a raised pot, there is a good chance that you are ahead.

My basic strategy in 6-max is to hold my stack steady (picking up pots where I can) and to try to see flops in raised pots. The raised pots are clearly were the money is and you have to be in there to win them.

Passion