View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 12:38 AM

Default Re: 22-44 EP Party 0.5/1.0 Poll

[ QUOTE ]
If its any consolation, I dropped 75 BB in less that 500 hands when I first moved from 1/2 to 2/4. Had to go back to 1/2 for a while. But then when I came back, cake!

Except for now while the bonus is running, that is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hijacking this thread . . . but I'm curious. I started playing 2/4 about the same time as you and I hit a pretty big downswing after moving. After lots of hand history review, statistical analysis, etc. I attributed my downswing to: (1) being really cold-decked; (2) adjusting my game to the new limit and its player tendencies; (3) some stupid play on my part about which I should know better; and (4) some mistaken play on my part about which I probably shouldn't necessarily have known better because I am a novice player at the game and learning something new every day. All those reasons in no particular weighted order.

What I found interesting (and why I'm hijacking this thread) is that I found the 2/4 game softening during the bonus period -- I speculated that a bunch of TAGs went down to 0.5/1 or 1/2 to clear bonuses (though I'm not sure why people do this if they'll play 1400 raked hands in a 7-day period regardless) -- I felt like the 2/4 was juicier during the bonus and I remember feeling the 1/2 got thinner during bonus time from my time there.