View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 12:09 AM

Default Re: Hawaiian Gardens - Floorman Screwup

[ QUOTE ]
In California (and I believe all other locations) the oval line on the table isn't a "betting line." It's a line which players should push their chips, and their folded cards past, so the dealers can easily reach them. I believe it was put in for liability reasons because several years ago some dealers filed a lawsuit saying the repetitive motion of gathering chips and cards with arms too far stretched out, caused them injury.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't split hares here, whatever the original purpose of the rule was, it's what it is commonly used for these days that should be considered. I have never heard your interpretation ever, and I have played in many rooms with a betting line (that doesn't mean you are wrong about the origin of the rule, you are just missing the point).

Don't screw with the betting line. Make sure your ettiquette is BEYOND REPROACH. Whether robert's rules agrees with you is irrelevant, it's whether the floorman on duty does. Although you seem to have a legitimate bitch, it doesn't matter, it's people's PERCEPTIONS that are most important when it comes to the betting line. I guarantee you the floor who made the decision against you knows nothing about your "origins" of the rule.

al