View Single Post
Old 12-10-2005, 03:49 PM

Default Re: Dell 9300 Experience Wanted

i sometimes had some laggish probs with p-tracker and GT+ running on my Inspiron 5100.

Now I have the 9300 and have almost no problems. Sometimes I can certainly tell that it's importing and taking a little longer...but it's not even close to the delays I would sometimes get on my former computer.

If your HP is occasionally shutting down for no reason then I would think there are plenty of other problems with it (viruses..hardware probs inside..something) and that it isn't JUST not having enough memory or anything like that.

Anyway...it works great and I like it.
Doesn't really get too over-heated.
You can also consider buying one of those laptop cooler thingees to put underneath it. Get them at Comp USA or maybe even Office Max. It's just a little pad that has 2 or 3 little fans that you plug into the USB and stick underneath.

Multi-tabling...full size tables you will only be able to fit 4 without overlap. You will have some extra space on the side though for e-mail and PT or whatever.

The WUXGA screen is 1900x1200 (or maybe it's 1960x1200...whatever).
You need 1600x1200 to 4-table without overlap (each table is 800x600).
So you have just a little extra space beyond the necessary 1600x1200 but to me it's a nice luxury.

Of course, you can always plug in an extra monitor and play on 2 monitors at once (your lap-top screen has 4 tables...and your extra monitor has 4).

Also, the Party-Beta version has the ability to re-size the tables to be much smaller. You should be able to see the action on 6 tables overlap free....beyond that if you want to play without overlap on the one screen I think the tables are too small..but you could still do it.