View Single Post
Old 11-01-2005, 01:54 AM

Default Re: Blocking for value

[ QUOTE ]
Name a hand that he raises the river with that I beat. One.

I agree that a check/call is better than a bet/fold, but I made my river bet before really processing the last card. I called the turn intending to lead the river for 1/2-2/3 pot but didn't think about the implications of the Jd until after I bet.

Anyway I can't fathom him making a play at me here, given my line and the scariness of the board. I put him on diamonds or QJ. I actually thought he was "slowplaying" a decent queen, which is why I took the turn/river line that I did. The Jd was a really bad card though, and check/calling a t500 bet wasn't going to be fun. I also didn't want to see KQ check behind. I mean he really wouldn't raise me for value here with anything at all that I beat. And a bluff just doesn't fit here, I donno.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap, when I first read the read I thought you had a set of 4s. Still, I think top pair or second pair is possible here. I would have reraised the turn, and check/call the river still.

It's still early in the tourney, and if its sub 100 buy in, donkyness is still entirely possible. Who min raises the turn and checks the flop anyway?