View Single Post
Old 12-03-2005, 12:46 AM

Default Re: A9o in the SB. Whats your play?

I like the preflop bet - I think I might consider pushing the guy all in here post flop.

since I have 2nd best pair, and since you have established you're willing to put all his chips in to the river, why not put him to the test and make him draw to the gutshot at a loss.

If he's got a K, you die - but again, as we established, you were already willing to put him all in over the course of 3 streets - if you think you have the best hand post flop to bet 2/3rd's, you should be able to push here.

I'm sorta realizing that post flop play in Micro's is tougher then in the big tourneys just because of the possibilities of hand selection.

ACTUALLY, given the way you describe this I'd probably make a larger bet preflop - maybe even a push - try to get it HU with the BB and get that other guy outta there. But I've been a lot more aggressive with my all-in's lately. I have found I do better picking up 9 or 10 small pots then those one or two big ones cause usually there's one or two big losses as well that balances it out cause someone limped in and caught....

One of the downsides of so many bad beats is you start playing in such a way as to punish those who attempt it - but in micros this tends to be +EV.

RB