Thread: Indy/Pitt Under
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 06:42 PM

Default Re: Indy/Pitt Under

[ QUOTE ]
The game may well turn out as you predict, but I wouldn't feel at all safe betting the under. After a low-scoring first half which is still weighting down their O/Us, Indianapolis has reverted to last year's form of scoring and allowing lots of points. Over their past five games, the average total has been 64.4.

Over the whole season, Pittsburgh's average total has been 39.7 -- low, but not really low.

Roethlisberger and the Steelers can move the ball when they need to. It may be that they intend to grind the clock, and that they can do it successfully. Still, it's probably at least as likely that Indy jumps out to an early lead, forcing Pittsburgh to open up the offense.

Indy, 35-20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a couple quick points.

Pittsburgh has healthy RBs for the first time all year. That will likely hold the score down, as Pitt will quite possibly dominate the TOP battle.

Yes, Indy's scoring has picked up. However, there last 5 games have been vs:

Houston twice
St Louis
New England
Cincy

All of those teams have way worse Ds than Pitt, and 3 of them have significantly higher powered offenses.

I certainly don't expect another 13-6 (CLE) or 10-3 (JAX) game, and there's definitely a chance this game goes 38-21 (I'm not some "lock" predicting tout). However, I think it's most likley that this game goes under.

[as an aside, if I was to tease this total, I'd tease the over, not the under].

Best of luck,

hd