View Single Post
Old 11-26-2005, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Live tournaments suck

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I do tend to play aggressively preflop. However, in this case pushing is the only play and any strong player would agree with that. HOH2 has an example from his own play of pushing UTG for 12xBB with KQo with big ante.

[/ QUOTE ]

When the blinds are this big compared to your stack they are usually big for everyone else to. Blinds 150/300. I am steal raising alot at this point with both good hands (AJ+, 66+) and very bad hands (4J, 62 - easy to get away from) with smaller raises I can get away from. Thats why I am not pushing AJo here. I like 1000 with AJ or J6s.

Hey did we play a friday special qualifier together last night?

[/ QUOTE ]

With this size stack, I am limping or pushing. I don't think getting away from a hand is a good idea after committing 1/3 of your stack. Also, I am not steal raising with J6s from 3rd position at an 11 man table.

I push a lot. However, some people like to put in a lot of small raises. With certain stack sizes, this is a matter of style. I am better with strategy than reads.

With a big ante and 14xBB, you can push with hands like AJ and 44, and standard raise with AK, JJ-AA, as well as suited connectors and junk. Therefore, people can't just come over top of your stndard raises knowing you are stealing.

Probably played you in the Friday special single table satellite. Multitabled 4 of those and got a seat. finished 118th with 120 places paying. Had 5800, blinds 300/600, SB open raised to 1800, I pushed with A8s in BB and got called by JJ.