View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 05:25 PM

Default Underground Cardroom Safety? (virginia)

I got invited to a high stakes underground cardroom here in Virginia. Namely FC/WW in woodbridge (anyone who knows specifically which I'm taking about please PM me).

I'm a little concerned about my safety. I'm new to this area and don't know anybody, I was contacted via email.

I've played in high stakes underground rooms before were I lived previously but I got into those by actually knowing people so I wasn't worried about being robbed or anything like that.

I'm wondering, do any of you who play in these carry a piece with you? It's in an industrial area and since it is illegal, I'm not too fond of the idea of carrying $5k around on me especially when I'm in an unfamiliar area with unfamiliar people. If I get robbed I can't exactly go the police about it.

I've thought about just going by there without any money to scope things out but they're paranoid about cops (as well they should be) and want to know ahead of time when I'm coming and to meet me at X place etc. I'd feel like an idiot having them do all that only to look things over and not play.

Anyone have any advice or anecdotes to share?