View Single Post
Old 12-22-2004, 02:14 PM

Default Re: KK hand...part one

Hi NooYawk,

I don't know why people are suggesting that you should be worried about AA. You have a LAG raising your bet, and some people cold-calling. Why would one of them not re-raise with AA? Only if they somehow knew you had a huge hand, and were sure to re-raise. With $5000 stacks, this would be a WCP. With 700 in your stack, and 900 in the LAG's, it just isn't worth the risk of letting a bunch of people see the flop for 75 when there's about 200-300 (depending on which caller we're talking about).

So you should be thinking about how to get someone committed pre-flop, and getting them all-in no later than on the flop. I think the best way to do it is to make it about 375-425 (giving them less than 2 to 1 by a little bit). Of course, once you do that, you're committed if someone re-raises.

I think this:
[ QUOTE ]
Make it $300 and try to end it here. If someone comes over the top - read dependendent - but you probably have to muck

[/ QUOTE ]

is very bad advice. It surprises me, also, because lapoker always seems to be advising "easy call" in spots that I think are folds or tough decisions. This is a very easy re-raise/commit all your chips situation, IMO. The size of your stack is one of the biggest factors that makes it easy; the actions of the callers and the description of the raiser are the other important factors.