View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 12:50 PM

Default Re: Flopped nuts turns to scary huge pot

[ QUOTE ]
never slowplay straights

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a silly generalization. I come from the school of thought that says fast-playing is the new slow-playing, and the best way to win a big pot is by playing the nuts or a monster very fast.

In this case, though, if you're certain that the villain will continue to hang himself, I think it's decision time. If you decide that he will continue to lead hard at the pot no matter what comes, you've got to decide that another club will not get you off the hand and calling might be a better option -- a raise could chase him away.

However, you've said that villain wouldn't seem to bet with air, and in the rare case that he is on a flush draw, a raise to $35 or so would be appropriate. You've also got the other opponent behind.

So I would say bomb this flop, comfortable that you're likely to get action from the villain and with a small possibility that you'll get action from the other opponent. ALMOST always play a hand like this fast -- but don't blindly decide to play a straight the same way every time.