View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 01:20 PM

Default New Years Resolutions??? Name \'em

if this has been done before fine, star me, im too lazy to go check.

i'll start off with mine: as some of you know my foot has been [censored] up for a year and a half now, and as a result i couldn't exercise. my eating habits also deteriorated and in those 18 months ive gained about 40lbs. for somebody as usually active as myself this is a tragedy. i also haven't done AS MUCH of my physical therapy as i should have to help get my hip/leg/ankle muscles and tendons back in shape so my gait is now all [censored] up.

so my new years resolution is to "fix myself" i wll start my diet which helped me lose weight in the past (mostly turkey, fish, chicken for dinner and fruit and veggies spaced throughout the day. no hydrogenated bullsh*t, no fat, no butter etc. only unnatural thing i have is diet coke/pepsi).

i will exercise in small increments so as not to further harm my body (eating is more important right now b/c i will eventually be able to exercise again).

i will do all my physical therapy starting when i get back to st.louis (this is gunna be a hard one b/c its like 12 exercises each with many many reps many times throughout the day so it takes like an hour or two at least depending if its strengthening day or not - that day requires all stretching + all strengthening).

MY GOAL: to visit a 2p2 friend in lake tahoe and be in reasonable enough shape to ski a full day rather than just an hour or two and have to quit. then i can take his ass at the poker tables AND the ski slopes [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] ... siderant: I am so pissed i wont be able to ski for a while like i used to. at the height of my inshapeness i was doing every impossible looking trail i could find in utah and austria. killington bearmoutnain became too routine and easy [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ... now im a fat slob...

so thats my NYR.what is yours?

Barron