View Single Post
Old 12-06-2005, 08:22 PM

Default Re: $50 PLO8, Wrap Broadway Draw, push the flop?

Raising pre-flop with this hand is good for your "Shania", but you said you've been raising a lot of different hands pre-flop already so I don't see any other benefit to the play. Most of the time the flop is going to come low cards and you're not going to like it. Raising pre-flop out of position you're just trashing your own implied odds without any additional deception points.

Other than that, it looks good. I think the most interesting part from these kinds of hands is how much equity AA has post-flop when high cards flop. You have a pair and a huge broadway wrap and all he has is an overpair and a backdoor low draw yet it's still a coin-flip. Anyway, yeah knowing he probably has AA and that you're close to even money in these situations makes your flop raise perfect. You gain a lot of fold equity to win the pot right there otherwise it's a coin flip.

Edit: Was this table heads-up the whole time between you and villain? You didn't mention others folding. Heads-up, a high only hand rates to be > 50% equity so raising is fine. Also, you have position heads-up, my mistake.