View Single Post
Old 11-30-2005, 08:15 PM

Default Re: Folding the nuts?

Thanks for the great topic. I really like to read the responses and learn from everyone. I actually got bumped from a tourney last week 2 spots before the cash on a very similar hand. I had same nut straight and got rivered by a flush. I was upset, but after thinking it over, it's just part of the game. I think it depends on if you are trying to win tourney's or just cash. While I usually just try to survive until cashing, and then push a bit more, each situation is different. My decision was probably a bad one, because I had a cash locked up if I folded, but in your situation, there was so much time before the cut line, I really don't see how you could fold. A win there would set you up to just pick off the blinds and occasional small stacks and be in a position to really place high in the tourney. You had some bad luck, but I don't see any problem with your decision. By the way, if the Villian makes calls like that one after the flop very often, he won't be making too much money anyway.