View Single Post
Old 07-11-2004, 01:17 AM

Default Re: Neighbor wasnt protecting his cards... i feel so dirty. (long)

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It looks like he has something like 98o, 97o, or 87o. I have AJo and limp along also.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why no raise? Also, as Sossman pointed out, this is the WORST river bet in history and then you called the checkraise!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don’t tend to raise AJo or KJo in middle or early position. I didn’t call the checkraise.

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

The river is the T completing his straight, but also putting 4 hearts on the board. I check to see if I have a heart and I do.

Why hadn't you checked when there were three hearts on board on the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

What’s the difference? He’s on a straight draw and doesn’t have two hearts... if he doesn’t have a hand it’s not necessary for me to check to see if I have a flush draw against him.

[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

On another hand, he had 86o and I limped with A T . The flop was 5 7 8. He bet out and I had odds to call so I did.

Of course you had odds to call! Why do you feel the need to justify this?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you think its right to call in this spot? BECAUSE YOU HAVE ODDS TO DO SO. If you didn’t have odds to call, a call would be incorrect. I guess I don’t understand your question, since the only way I justify calling with a worse hand involves the odds im getting. Maybe you have a problem with my stating, what is to you, obvious.

I’m not looking for ethical reassurance from strangers on the internet. I just wanted to open up the discussion of players who don’t protect their hands. To correct you, I don’t think what I did was wrong. I’m sure you sit in particular seats in order to take advantage of certain player’s poor playing tendencies. You put the maniac on your left and the weak tight player on your right. My actions aside... I agree with you that I can improve my win rate by playing better poker (I will always try to improve), but I don’t think taking advantage of irresponsible players conflicts with that.