View Single Post
Old 12-09-2005, 01:53 PM

Default Re: Shameful stats post

do you know how to iso raise ?

I do this quite a bit against the right player. It seems really tough for me at the 1/2 tables though because they are SO loose. Pots end up 3-4 handed even after raising a loose EP limper most of the time... which I guess adds value to the pot, but then you're stuck with a hand like KT against 2 or more opponets which isn't exactly profitable.

do you know how to play suited 1 gapper type hands after 1 or 2 limpers on the button?

I would call PF w/ a hand like T8s and might peel the flop if it doesn't look too scary and I have at least a BD draw or two. Bad? I think I would play them somewhat similar to the way I would play them in full-ring. That might be a leak of mine.

are you comfortable defending your bb against a tag with a hand like 87s?

I'll defend w/ 87s. If I hit the flop I'll probably C/R the flop and lead the turn. I mean, I have no formula but that's a line I would use off the top of my head.

are you okay with stealing with K5o?

Honestly, not really. That seems a little low to me. I usually steal as low as A6, K9... maybe K8, T9s, sometimes 87s, small PP's, etc. Actually it really depends on the blinds. At 1/2, I feel like my fold equity is way low so I raise my stealing standards a bit.

are you good at getting to showdown against unpredictable opponents?

This I think is a leak of mine. With a SD worthy hand I'll usually bet the flop and turn and check the river through if I'm in position. OOP causes all kinds of problems for me.

I'm not trying to defend myself here or anything. I'm just thinking aloud here to try to figure out what my issues are at this game. Thanks for the suggestions.