View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: Trying to sell poker chips, having trouble

[ QUOTE ]
eBay prices are at about my breakeven point (probably losing a bit after shipping), so I'm probably going to put a bunch up there this weekend.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're asking 2+2'ers to give you a solution that defies all laws of economics (and consequently, common sense) that we know of. When you have tons of something that lots of other people have tons of and that people don't demand nearly as much as is supplied, in order to get them to buy you're either going to have to cut your price down to where it generates demand, or you're going to have to add some value to the product somehow. There's no magical way you're going to get people to buy something they don't want for a price higher than they can get anywhere else. Well, sodium amytol, maybe. But that's probably expensive, so you'd be right back at square one.

Unless you find a way to make them sufficiently unique or personalized that people already up to their ears in poker chips would want to buy a new set (or include a car with them or something), you're just going to have to bite the bullet and drop your prices.

[ QUOTE ]
(the wallets were only about $1.50 and sold for $7 + overcharging on shipping)

[/ QUOTE ]

I debated whether or not to say anything about this, but oh well - not exactly a 'class act' here, brother.