View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 02:43 PM

Default Re: Caught stealing - flopped a one card flush draw - how far to go?

I just addressed this while you were posting, but he's given you have two reasons.

1) Blind defense here is generally better than any 2 cards. Good aggressive players have looser defense standards as do some very bad players. Against an unknown, you're probably facing someone in between and there's a good chance you're against two offsuit broadway or a middle PP.

2) He called a monotone flop and did not raise. He hit part of the flop and did not feel compelled to protect his hand. A good player will raise pretty much any pair in this situation, so a draw seems likely. A lot of draws will raise this too on speculation that the PFR is suited (75% you have no flush draw) or on a PP (50% you have no flush draw and a slight chance you hit a set and your boat redraw is about the same odds). If he's confident you'll bet again and he can handle the action, he's going to smooth-call and let you lead again.

I think most of the time you're against two overcards here with one of them being a heart. I'll toss out QJo or A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] x as my guesses.