View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 02:33 PM

Default Re: Interesting 20-40 hand to disect (big pot)

Hero:
3rd: I think this is sure worth calling. Expect to lay down easily later but there is value in hidden Js and sparseness of As. I would put Seat 3 on a likely flush draw but maybe just with one suited hole card and say KQ. I'd consider that Seat 4 has As or 3 flush.
4th: Bingo! I raise. I probably re-re-raise too. I know that I will bet/call on later streets if either 3 or 4 make another suit. Shucks about 8c reducing my liveness.
5th: Yup, time to jam. Seat 3's raise represents tons of possibilities overlooked on 4th but, in most cases, you gotta re-re-raise. Probably, in the heat of action, I don't consider that if Seat 3 has a straight, what were his hole cards?
6th: Here, I think: What does Seat 4 have? Must be As/8s. But the check is good news. Now, what about Seat 3? Very scary board but the betting leaves me puzzled. I'm not convinced he has a hand. I think I bet. I don't know. I'm pretty cheap. Maybe I check.
7th: Yeo, Check-call.

Seat 3:
3rd: I will never fold this. The liveness of Hearts alone makes it sure I will play with all that money there.
4th: I found her and we're getting married. I'm happy Hero raises. I can call and let the pot build up. Seat 4 is a worry. Hmm, what does Hero have anyway? Js&8s? Trip Js? Seat 4 with a re-raise? And with 2 other Clubs out? Hmm, maybe I need to catch big. But wait a sec, I have 12 outs, 1 of which is Monster. I might raise.
5th: Well, I caught (admittedly on the low end) and I think I'm ahead so I raise.
6th: Hmmm. Glad of the heart and Seat 4's check, I bet.
7th: I bet.

Seat 4:
3rd: I might be tempted to slowplay here but liveness of hearts probably make the raise appropriate. Also, livenees of my own clubs could confuse villains. Complete.
4th: Great. Let's thin the crowd. My cards aren't very live but I have a strong hand. Seat 3 looks scary. Huh? Hero's raise is worrisome. Maybe he made 2 pairs and reads me on a draw. Or maybe trips. I re-raise to get a feel. Hero's call relaxes my fears of Trips.
5th: What the heck is hero doing? Must be trips. Ouch, now Seat 3. Hmmm. I call the raises and start hoping for miracle A or 8.
6th: Sigh, if I had slowplayed back on 3rd, could I pick up this pot? Nah. Check/Call.
7th: Ditto.