View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:32 AM

Default Re: Empire Reload 100%, $100 max., 10x raked hands

[ QUOTE ]
Hmm...I'm debating on whether or not to do this one. Is this 10x bonus any better than Absolute's (see as how tight the x-party skins have become)? If not, I won't waste my time on it. Hell, I rarely waste my time on Absolute (I don't have RB there).

[/ QUOTE ]

I played my initial $100 Empire bonus after the split, which was a 5x raked hands bonus. It took me about 1400 hands of .5/1 to clear a 500 raked hands bonus. The tables are incredibly tight, at .5/1 the highest average pot you will see is about $4, also you cannot be choosey upon which table you join since all tables are constantly full. Therefore you pretty much play at whatever table to can get a seat at.

When I cleared my bonus, juicy tables were nonexistant. Take my comments with a grain of salt though, since when I cleared my bonus there was also that big bonus they had going, up to $600 or something; I'm not sure. The tables were full of whores, blindstealing and positional play were pretty crucial. Pushing marginal edges became very important, and my game isn't good enough to really take advantage of this, so I found it hard to adjust.