View Single Post
Old 06-28-2005, 08:03 PM

Default Re: Stay at home dad/poker player..... is it possible?

I am in a similar situation with a 9 and 6 year-old. The school year was crazy enough with running them around from one activity to another. I had been dreading the onset of summer vacation. I was even considering looking for a "real job" for the summer.

The first week we went out of town. I was able to get in a couple rounds of golf on top of some family activities. But with the new laptop, I still found some time to get in some hands and make some cash.

Today is the first day of the summer where it is just me and the kids. I found some time to get in a couple hundred hands this morning and will get some more hands in when the kids watch a movie tonight and after I put them to bed. The rest of the schedule has been breakfast, swimming, lunch, swimming, dinner swimming. This summer thing may not be so bad after all.

I always respected the job my wife had when she was able to stay at home with the kids. Over the last seven months I have found out how challenging it really is. However, it is also the most rewarding job.