View Single Post
Old 02-07-2002, 06:02 PM

Default Re: tricks to \"get the economy going again\"

This reminds me of the story about the man who bought the newest, the greatest, high mileage car.

After listening to him boast for several days, his co-workers came up with a plan.

Every day for several months, his 'friends' snuck out to the car during work and added fuel.

At the end of the third week the guy was ecstatic. "I'm getting over 100 miles per gallon" he could not believe it. Off he went dancing in the halls.

At the end of the third month they reversed and removed some fuel. As the mileage started to go down, he became inconsolable. "The mileage has gone down from 100+ to under 10" he cried to everyone who would listen.

He started taking the car to anyone who would look at it, attempting to discover what had gone wrong. Of course, even the best mechanics were unable to detect a problem.

At the end of six months, they 'allowed' the car to determine it's true mileage.

But they never had to listen to their 'friend' boast about the mileage again. And they never told him what they had done.

This is a true story,there is no point to this story, just thought I'd tell it.