View Single Post
Old 04-06-2002, 04:51 AM

Default Paying the rent with one day\'s work

While taking last week off to go back to Massachusetts and visit the parents, I resolved to move up in stakes in my Hold'em games while still playing fairly high in Stud. Today, everything clicked and I ended the day with more extra "change" in my pocket than any previous day.

I played a little over four hours of the Mirage 10-20 stud game and left with a win of $456- my biggest every in that 10-20 game.

After coming home for dinner, I thought about just taking the rest of the night off after such a good afternoon. However, I was anxious to give a "big" Hold'em game a try. So, I walked up to the Bellagio and got into a 15-30 Hold'em game. Previously, I had only played as high as 8-16 Hold'em. But, I've always thought the 15-30 games looked good, especially when there are at least three games running (tonight there were four). My results: a $596 win while playing a very straight-forward game for a little over two hours.

The $1,000+ win for the entire day is my biggest ever and easily covers my rent for the month (probably groceries too!). I'm sure all of you who play bigger aren't too impressed with a meager $1,000 day. But, it's feels great when it's your first time.

Hope you guys don't mind the bragging. I promise not to let it go to my head.