Thread: Poker goals
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 03:45 PM

Default Re: Poker goals

My Goals:

1. Be able to earn 1000 a week by the end of the year (highly questionable but possible). That would be double what I make now, but I have only been playing full time less than one year.

2. Become better at handling bad beats. My problem is not going on tilt, but rather having it affect my mood in things other than poker.

3. Become a well rounded Hold'em player. I am a good limit hold'em player and a pretty to very good nl sit and go player. I am also pretty decent at nl ring games. I am not a great shorthanded player. I am good heads up but between 3-6 players I am probably break even. I have been playing a bit each day to force myself to improve my game.

4. Become a decent/good multi table player. I honestly don't know how good I would consider myself. I don't play that much and my best finish ever is third in a hundred person tourney. I have made money playing, but the variance is so big and the time commitment as well I don't see it as worth it. I have been encouraged reading some of the posts about Stars 10+1 rebuys and I may start playing. End goal there is to play bigger tourneys (can we say WPT anyone?)

5. Become a bit of a trickier player. I am a solid player, but if I had to critique myself I would say I am a bit unimaginative. I think that is because (a) straight forward poker is usually the way to go (b) at relatively lower limits people are not good enough to try to trick (c) online you are constantly playing new players so the effectiveness is reduced.

6. Let poker be a means to let me travel. I love to travel and I want to be good enough that poker can be +ev enough to travel to cool places to play.

That is my list.

Cris, that is fantastic about your book! I will pick it up and have a read.