Thread: Bush's response
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Bush\'s response

[ QUOTE ]
you don't even try, do you? There is ample evidence that the courts have failed in this respect.

[/ QUOTE ]
Apparently not since the death penalty still exists.
But please, bring forth your "ample" evidence...

[ QUOTE ]
the courts didn't think it mattered that a person's lawyer slept through their trial. Does that sound right to you? (I imagine it does.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Somehow I think there's more to it than that...

[ QUOTE ]
LOL No one is suggesting 'every person.' There were numerous cases which were questionable. What about those cases?

[/ QUOTE ]
Again, not very questionable since all the judicial levels involved upheld the guilty verdict.

[ QUOTE ]
hmmm... where's your comment on Bush mocking the woman pleading for her life? You seem silent on that one.

[/ QUOTE ]
Now who's being emotional? She's on death row for doing something despicable. Hard for me to have pity on her.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly... its easier to just stop discussing. Is there a Bush supporter who has an ounce of sense? Kurds... years ago... with OUR support at the time. So you can't bring that up to justify a war a decade later.

[/ QUOTE ]
By your reasoning, we shouldn't have done anything about slavery or segregation because we supported it in the past. Talk about nonsesnical arguments...

[ QUOTE ]
Like I said.. I can't argue with people who either (1) are ignorant of the news or (2) act ignorant. If you're not aware of what I'm talking about, do some research. I'm sure you'll find it.

[/ QUOTE ]
I know exactly what you're talking about. You're very wrong and that's why I asked for an exact quote.

[ QUOTE ]
Great. What about the one's that aren't terrorists? No one's arguing about legit proven terrorists. We're talking about the ones that aren't legit that have little to no recourse under this admin.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps you could loan the Pentagon your magic machine that determines whether someone actually is a member of Al Qaeda. I'm sure you'd be paid handsomely for it.

[ QUOTE ]
They aren't foreign terrorists... the point is they haven't been shown to be anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
What are they? They aren't soldiers, so they shouldn't be treated the same as POWs, but they could hold intel that can help. So I say we keep em.

[ QUOTE ]
Honestly, you hurt my brain.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm sure it hurts to think after not doing it for so long. Tylenol should fix you up.

[ QUOTE ]
You miss the point... if a court says you're guilty of killing someone doesn't mean you actually are guilty of killing that person. Honestly, try thinking things out. Don't just play semantics. Think about what a person is saying and respond to that. A court's ruling can have no relevence to the actual guilt or innocence of a person.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not missing the point, I'm just disagreeing with it.
My point is that our system of justice is predicated upon assuming people are innocent and therefore forcing the state to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that they are indeed guilty. That's how it works.

[ QUOTE ]
Courts have proven people guilty beyond a reasonable doubt... only to later (sometimes after its too late) to show they were wrong. The problem is Texas was that the standards were horrendous.

[/ QUOTE ]
Perhaps we should just never convict anyone of anything because every now and then mistakes are made. Gimme a break. If you've got a better idea for a judicial system, I'm sure the country would love to hear it. Why you keep insisting that the courts should be held to 100% perfect standards is beyond me.