View Single Post
Old 10-19-2005, 10:09 PM

Default Re: QQ in EP facing a reraiser

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
actually i think his most likely hand is KK, but i still belive your play is correct in the party 15...
BTW/ why do you think we have split forums? would i be a jerk if i said i dont think 5/10 belongs here? PP15 is a small stakes game...

[/ QUOTE ]

First, I play 15-30 to 50-100, with much of my play, if not my posts, at 30-60. So to be frank, I don't want the advice of the small stakes forum when I post a hand. That forum is often wrong, too argumentative, and lacks technical sophistication in the responses. Once in a while a decent thread starts, but I rarely, if ever, read it anymore.

Next, 15-30 is a mid stakes game. Denigrating it as a small stakes game to look, I don't know, tougher or like more of a poker badass I guess, seems pretty petty to me. And please don't tell me that you weren't denigrating it and that you were just innocently pointing me in the right direction. It's clear that the point of your response was to essentially insult the 15-30 as beneath the notice of this board. Why I don't know, but it's childish and you're a better poster than that.

All that having been said, I'd appreciate some comments on the hand if there are any to give. If you all think it was totally straightfoward, then that's fine too. I didn't think it was. I think I should have called the flop raise and raised the turn. As the hand played out, I think I should have check called the river because I don't beat a damn thing on it.

[/ QUOTE ]

this hand is so standard it might as well be $1.00/$2.00

Barron