View Single Post
Old 11-15-2005, 01:40 PM

Default Re: bonus with no raked hands (?!?!)

[ QUOTE ]
fwiw, I got a similar IM, except the guy was pitching a 300% bonus up to $3000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, actaully that's how he quoted it but sometime during the course of the conversation he said something like,

"Yes, after you sign up with me, you will have a total of $3000 in your account".

So I said something like, "Let me be clear. I thought you said $3000 bonus max at 300%, so that would mean $1000 my deposit and $3000 your bonus for a total of $4000 cash-out-able right away."

To this he said something like, "I'm sorry $3000 total".

So from this I figured he misquoted and it really is a $2000 max 200% bonus. I didn't really grill him on this misquote becasue I was more interested in finding out what his scam was, but in the end it seemed legit, but still WHY WOULD HE PUT HIMSELF AT RISK BY HAVING NO RAKED HANDS?

Would someone take that much of a risk to get his affiliate business going?

Also, this is something I left out of the original post. I told him I already play with a rakeback deal from another site and I really have no incentive to play for the $2000 bonus. So, I am not a good candicate for his offer, since I have no intention of staying.

To this he said something like, "Well, that's upto you to decide, but I hope you will stay with me. So, you really have nothing to lose."

And if I think about it, if he hooks a decent volume player, the player doesn't have to play that long for this guy to recover his $2000 investment based on his claim he is getting 35%.