View Single Post
Old 07-30-2003, 05:03 PM

Default Beaten like a Red Headed Step Child

Situation:

Party $100 Max NLHE (1-2 blinds), I have just posted my SB and have $97 left... this is my second hand. I am dealt AA.

5 limpers to me, and I make it $15 to go (pot sized bet because BB has yet to act).

1 middle position caller and 1 late position caller there is ~$50 in the pot, and I have $82 remaining. They both have about the same as me. Question #1 is there any way to get away from this now if the board is reasonably ragged. Remember I am first to act:

Flop: 9d 6s 4d. Question #2 what would you do?. I bet out $41 (half my stack), middle position limper folded, late position limper raises me all-in. Question #3. What do you do?

I called. He flopped a set of 6's.

In my mind there is no way to get away from this hand, but my friend commented that a world class player would. I just do not see given the circumstances how he does. Am I missing something?

Question #4, what do you think of 66's call preflop?

My personal opinion is that this call is too loose to be profitable in the long run. I don't try to spike a set unless I have implied odds of about 10:1 or so... but he did have a caller before him... so it is quite close.

What do you guys think?