View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Diesel\'s Caribbean Cruise Trip Report

Due to the popularity of my Vegas trip report, I have detailed my latest venture here, for your enjoyment. Please save yourself the hassle of posting any negative comments, as I really don't give a [censored].

Booking the cruise

Way back in February of this year, the wife and I were trying to decide what to do this year for vacation. As Mrs. Diesel only gets 3 weeks of vacation at her job, our options are somewhat limited. We have been in a steady pattern of going on two vacations every year, as we go on one vacation with our friends, and another vacation with one of our families, rotating each year. This year we were due to go on vacation with her parents, and decided to join them for two weeks in Myrtle Beach in August. We were, though, still undecided as to how to spend our other week.

Mrs. D thought it would be fun to go to Disney World in October with a couple of our friends. I thought it would be more fun to go on a cruise in May. We made the decision to go to Disney World, however I told her that I was going to win enough money to pay for the cruise that very night playing poker, but she did not believe me. Well, luck must have played a great factor that day, because I won the 6:30 $5.50 rebuy on Stars for $3,600. Now we just had to figure out a way to get the wife off of work for an additional week, so that we could take both trips.

That problem was easily solved, as I coached my wife to go to her boss and ask for a raise. We both knew that her douchebag boss would not give her a raise, because the company is struggling financially, however this was an opportunity to work with what we actually had a chance to get. I showed my wife how she could get her boss to understand all of the hard work that she does, and how she feels underappreciated. I had her tell the boss that she feels that she is not rewarded for that work, and since he can not afford to pay her more money, he should give her additional vacation time. He immediately agreed to give her another week of vacation. Problem solved.

Our friends have gotten into the habit of going on a week-long Caribbean cruise every-other May. This will be their third cruise, however it will be the first for the wife and I. They had already decided on the cruise, it would be the Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival ship Glory. The stops would be at Key West, Belize, Cozumel, and Progreso.

Here is the lineup of who will be joining us on the trip:

Rick Diesel – me
Mrs. Diesel – my wife
Big E – my best friend
Mrs. E – my best friend’s wife
KK – a good friend of mine
Big E’s parents – Who shall be referred to as Mr. and Mrs. Sting, although there was a great debate as to whether his father looked more like Sting or Marcel Luske.
Big E’s sister – Who shall be referred to as Whiplash due to the fact that numerous men must have received severe neck injuries straining to check her out. She is a model, six foot tall, thin, with blond hair and huge natural boobs. She is definitely the hottest chick on the entire boat.
KK’s parents – Nothing particularly interesting happened involving them on the trip, so they will just be referred to as KK’s parents.
SHU – A friend of Sting and KK’s father, who was dubbed the nickname SHU during the trip because every day he seemed to wear a different shirt pimping the initials of the college for which he is the defensive coordinator of the football team.

Well, now that you know the players, it is time for a detailed recap of the game. As to prevent everyone from complaining about the length of this report, I will be breaking it down into 8 sections, one for each day of the trip. I will warn all of you that day one is probably the most boring day, so please don’t be quick to judge the trip or think that I have lost the Mojo that was generated in my Vegas trip report. And without further delay, you can find day one further down in this thread.

Rick Diesel