View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: 20/40 Bad call on third and getting what I deserved.

[ QUOTE ]
With a dead Nine and a puny ante, did you give any thought to folding third on the first pass? I'd raise myself, but I've always been an optimist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Theres only one overcard and the 3 seat is playing every holding. The possibility that I have the best hand and the guarantee that he calls with some BS like (32)6 off makes it an easy raise. Theres nothing more that I'd like to just end up heads-up on third with him. FWIW though, I raise here in this situation every time.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you were right to call the raise. I think it's safe to assume that it's not going to get raised behind you, so you're getting around 6:1. Of course that's a little misleading, because you're going to be calling on fourth street most of the time. Anyway, if he does have a big pair in the hole, he can't make two pair without you knowing it (except on the river)

[/ QUOTE ]

So what are you suggesting? Those 6-1 odds are very misleading if I not only call fourth but continue beyond that under the assumption that "he cant make two pair w/out me knowing it". Like I said, I think its more likely that he'll hold a big pocket pair here, but I cant be sure. After all, this is an unknown player. Is the possibility that I'm likely behind plus the fact that I'll never know exactly where I'm at enough to fold? This hand could get tricky on later streets.

[ QUOTE ]
and you play good, at least to hear you tell it

[/ QUOTE ]

What is that supposed to mean?