View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 04:58 PM

Default Re: PCA DSO Hand - 5 left - Do I make the call?

Results posted in white below (just in case others want to respond prior to seeing what happened):

<font color="white">I had AQo (although it wouldn't make a difference to me if it was suited or not). I thought the most likely range was 77-JJ, AK with some possibility of AA-QQ, AQ, maybe AJ but I just don't think he pushes all those chips with that. Against his most likely range I was a 3 to 2 dog. Adding AQ and AJ and I'm just a bit behind. Throw in KQ and I'm a very, very slight favorite. With some possibility of AA-QQ I just didn't see this as looking very positive for me.

I figured I was a coin flip. I didn't want to call a coin flip. I would have pushed if it were folded to me but the gap concept prevailed and I folded. He won the pot uncontested.

I wound up getting knocked out 5th when it was folded to the SB who was the big stack, he raised, I had KJo and pushed knowing he'd call. I gave him a much greater liklihood of stealing and figured I was a slight favorite against his range. He had 88 and I lost.

Of course, I wondered how things might have turned out if I had called with AQ. In retrospect, I do think folding was correct but wanted to make sure my judgement was too colored.</font>