View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Re: Weak AAxx hand for me. Party PL$400

[ QUOTE ]

The flop play seems a little odd to me, but maybe I am missing something. You say that this guy is tight and put him on a hand range that includes K-K-x-x. Then, a K flops and you check raise him after deciding that he can only have A-A-x-x here? You really have to have a lot of faith in your read, as you committed 1/3 of your stack to a board that you can't call a reraise against.

[/ QUOTE ]I see your point. At the time I didn't think that, headsup, Mr. tighter than tight is going to make a full pot bet on a pretty drawless and rainbow board with top set. While he is tight he's not a very bad player so I think he'd like to get some value. If he has KKxx then half pot bet, get a call, and then see what happens on the turn since there aren't a massive amount of scare cards apart from a 4,5 or 6.
He'll definitely full pot bet with a better AAxx than mine, since he doesn't want to give Kxxx a chance to hit two pair.

If I had called his flop bet then I get into murkier waters with a swollen pot, OOP, against a player with a hand better than mine.

[ QUOTE ]
Is Mr. Tighty bold enough to stick over half his stack in with a reraise into a leading pot bet by yourself with nothing but A-A-x-x on that rainbow board? Probably not.

[/ QUOTE ]I think that if I bet the flop he may well call to see what happens or may raise to see how happy I am about my hand. He's tight but not very weak or particularly bad.