View Single Post
Old 01-12-2005, 08:01 AM

Default Re: Laser Eye Surgery

My fiancee is a nurse at one of the leading laser eye surgery centers in Philadelphia. She just had the surgery a few months ago, and she LOVES it (not to mention it was free for her). I wear glasses, and I'm blind as a bat, and looking forward to when we get married in August so I can get it for free too. The advice in this thread is 100% correct - it is reccommended to wait until you are 25 to get the surgery. Other than that, it's also best to do a lot of research and find the best place in your area - you only get one pair of eyes, and radio commercials advertising a 'special on surgery at $499 an eye' should be considered an afterthought. Another piece of advice, when you do your research make sure the place includes *ALL* follow up care in the price of the surgery. Some places will do the surgery cheaper, and initial followup is included - but if down the line a year or so an adjustment is needed, they will charge you additional for it. Good luck and let me know if you've got any more specific questions, I can get them answered for you right away. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]