View Single Post
Old 02-12-2005, 12:30 PM

Default Mistake in Fundamentals of Craps??

Although I realize that craps is not beatable, I have always enjoyed the game anyway. It's an entertaining game, and the edge is really low for the house (on certain bets). I needed a quick way to explain craps to my guests, so I picked up "fundamentals of craps" by Mason and Lynne.

When I got to page 37 I noticed this:

"The craps-eleven bet, also known as the C-E bet, is a wager that a 2, 3, 11 or 12 will appear on the next roll of the dice. If a 2, 3 or 12 is thrown, which is craps, the bet is paid off at 3-to-1; if an 11 is rolled, the bet is paid off at 7-to-1."

Well, the C-E bet is actually two different wagers on the any craps, and the eleven. So if you throw the stickman $2, he will put $1 on the "E" and $1 on the "C." If you roll an eleven, you'll get 14:1 on your eleven bet dollar, but lose your craps bet dollar, which is why you would say that the C-E bet pays 7:1 if you roll an eleven. However, if you roll craps, you'll get 7:1 on your craps bet dollar, but lose your eleven bet dollar, thus you'd actually get 3.5:1 on your C-E bet, not the 3:1 stated in the book.

al