View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Something different - KK

I think I would like this more if villain were more aggressive and could be counted on to bluff the turn when the flop checks through.

In that instance, checking the flop and raising the turn would be an awesome move if villain doesn't have the discipline to lay the hand down (or if he has a med pp with a heart like T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

the board pairing wouldn't be crazy troublesome to me, becaue no one raises pf with AA and just calls when you threebet. The only hands you're worried about are 22 and 44 that missed a flop checkraise, and both are moderately unlikely.

When a passive (or even semi-passive) leads the turn though, big aces and made flushes become a much greater portion of his range. Given that this guy wasn't aggressive enough to be counted on to bluff, I think we have to bet this flop and get through a non-heart turn as cheaply as we can (though we'll bet if checked to).

If he leads the turn after a flop bet, I fold the river UI, or check through if he checks.