View Single Post
Old 12-15-2005, 05:45 PM

Default Re: Something different - KK

A couple of comments on the early responses.

1. PokerStove: many of the hands I am ahead of on the flop are completely dead. They have zero outs to a draw that has pot odds to call the turn. Whether a hand like Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] folds on the flop or turn is immaterial. When doing your pot equity computations you should exclude this hand because my play isn't relevant--checking behind and driving him out with a bet have the same EV. Limit your simulation to hands that will actually call a flop bet.

Except of course that the free card may induce him to put money into the turn/river as a bluff or because he has picked up a pair or gutshot. In that case I gain because he doesn't have adequate odds to invest money.

2. A few of you want to bet the flop so you can consider taking a free card or free showdown. This makes me want to cry. Once you start betting this hand and don't get checkraised/donked your pot equity greatly increases. That's hardly a time to stop betting. The posters who want to bet the flop and keep firing have a much better case.