View Single Post
Old 08-20-2005, 03:31 AM

Default A fun flopped monster hand at 2/4 Borgata..

I was going to try to put a hand from Pstars into converter and change the text but too much work.

Anyway, I'm in SB with A2 suited. 4 limpers, I call, BB checks.
Flop A A A - Nice!!
some lady says "oh boy - who's got the ace?"
I check, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 bets!, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, I smoooooooth call - lol, everyone else calls(can you believe this many are in?) I guess they are all hoping to hit their 3 outers for a dead boat - I knew the first better had a pocket pair cause he is waaay tight-hardly plays a hand; though I give him credit for trying. Odds probably were in his favor he had the best hand. What are the odds of someone in a nine handed game having an ace?? I forget.

Turn is a blank - I decided to check cause I knew Mr. Tighty would bet. Then again maybe I should have bet knowing he would also. (Was probably worried about UTG folding to my bet cause he knew I was one of the better players there) Sure enough UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls! MP2 folds
I smoooooooth call (I'll ask the question below) BB folds, UTG calls!!! I love it 4 players still WTF???

River is a wonderful K, probably filling up someone else with a boat. I decided to go for the check raise here. I check, UTG bets - nice, he has the king. UTG+1 bets, MP1 folds, I check raise, UTG and UTG+1 both call. yeeeeeeees

I turn over my hand beating UTG's K10 and UTG+1's pocket QQ's.

I realize in Small Stakes Hold'em the advice is monsters play themselves and you get them so infrequently, it doesn't really matter if you miss a few bets, but should I have raised the turn. Is it better to just let the river try to hit someone else and then go for the raise? It seemed to work here - dumb luck. I love $2/$4 when things go well. Up 46BB's in 2 1/2 hours.

One last quick question. Is there another hand converter/program that I can use to describe B&M hands so I don't have to type all this - or should I just change the fields in Bison from any downloaded hand??