View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 06:36 PM

Default Four-handed vs. a Grandmaster

Though this 15-30 game had recently collapsed to 4-handed, the aggression of the game hadn't been brought up to speed and the bluff/semi-bluff frequency seemed low. In other words, I still believed these people.

I have 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/forums/images/icons/spade.gif[/img] in the SB. UTG raises. He is an excellent player in a full game, and presumably strong shorthanded. Incidentally, he's a former US chess champion and props at the club where this took place, so let's call him GM. Bonus points for identifying him. I've never played short with him before, and I'm not sure what he thinks of me. One fold, and I reraise. The reason for the game's existence folds in the BB and GM calls.

Flop 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

I bet, GM raises, I call.

Turn 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] - 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

I check, he bets, and I call.

River 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/forums/images/icons/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] - 2 [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img] - A [img]/forums/images/icons/heart.gif[/img]

I bet. Comments?