View Single Post
Old 12-23-2003, 01:08 AM

Default Re: Anybody here use Mass Multiples???

17" eewww.your gonna spend that kind of money??

Get flat panels or 21" Sony CRT's or new $24" CRT's.I havent bought a 17' monitor in 5 years.I have like 7 monitors hanging around from trading stocks for 5 years.
Get 21" Fp's or solid 21-24" CRT's look at Sony or Dell's website.17" monitor's no way .
Also check out the Matrox Parhelia MM video display card w/128mb of ram.
I currently still have 5 21" Sony Trinitron monitors on an L-shaped desk.2 monitors are attached to a 3 year old Dell P420Workstation w 1GB of RAM and 2 975 MHZ processors running on Windows 2000 Pro w/ a huge 163 GB hard drive Dell sent me after sending me 2 crappy hardrives over last 18 months.This is my main worksation for everything including poker.
The other workstation I use for stocks and such..is a Dell P410 about 4 years old-slow as a dog.450MHZ processor and 384 mbs of RAM 8GB harddrive.3 Trintrons all 21" (2 pretty beat up)run off an Appian video card I also got like 2 junked CRT's upstairs.one or 2 that I shoved off my desk in the midst of a bad trade or two..heh.I rarely run both worksations at once anymore..now that I play poker 100%.So I really need to clear up my desk and get rid of 2-3 monitors.

You can buy nice new Sony Trintrons or Dell ViewSonic's off Ebay fairly cheaply these days..dont know exact price but probably for $300-$500 a piece brand new.

Flat panels have finally come down in price so thats also an option but the big ones are still too expensive for me.
I would really hunt around I'll give ya some links..deffintely do not get "17 monitors.Get 21" monitors or bigger and have a fast system with maxed out RAM and more slots for more RAM.And get A video card setup that will support more than 2 monitors if you get really ambitious [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]Nvidia, Appian, Matrox all make good cards.
happy shopping!!

http://www.appian.com/

Dell Monitors

Sony Displays

Do a goggle search for dayrtading/mutiple monitors/setup etc

You may find some lachkey setups that are good.Get qoutes from Sony and Dell then scour the web and ebay for deals. My old links to several MM sites are out of date.