View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 07:02 PM

Default Re: AK UTG (super Tuesday)

[ QUOTE ]
If you're saying hero should fold, that's awful, and awful weak tight. Especially because we have no reads on villian. This is an easy call without thinking twice.

Wait wait don't tell me, AK is a "drawing hand" right?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I was replying to this passage:

[ QUOTE ]
Incidently, think about how badly villian played this hand in this situation. If he has AA/KK/QQ/AK why in the WORLD would you push back against a shorter stack? The only thing that calls you is something that beats you (probably), and most of the time people will fold w/o those 4 hands. So villian loses his chance to win lots of chips with a premium hand like basically 90% of the time here. It's awful. What if villian has a mid pair, that's even worse. Anyone with half a braincell is going to think "hmm, EP raise, he probably has a group 1", pushing means that you're probably gonna get called, and you're hoping for a coinflip at best. The best play here would be to just call. Short story is, people are dumb.

[/ QUOTE ]

I took that to mean you thought the villains best play was to just call the UTG raise, which is what my reply addressed.