Thread: Good BBQ in SJ
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Good BBQ in SJ

[ QUOTE ]
I lived in San Jose (Ca.) for 10 years and still have not found a decent BBQ place. Yes, I know BBQ here sucks! Does anyone know of a decent place in the South Bay worth going to? Please do not say Armadillo Willy's as that place is pretty poor as fas a BBQ is concerned. I'm open to a drive, but don't really want to drive to SF or Oakland (probably my best bet) to get it. Anyone know of a place to get good ribs, pork shoulder, pulled pork, brisket, etc. around here?

[/ QUOTE ]

These things are always so subjective. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

I'm not transplanted from anywhere, but there are transplanted Southeners in my GF's office who have deemed this place "acceptable":

Southern Heritage in Fremont

We've been there once, and thought it was really good, but tastes vary. It was, I think, Arkansas-style, so the sauce is tangy, and poured over the meat when served.

There was also a good place called Uncle Frank's in East Palo Alto, but he had some problems with the city or something, so he is, for now, plying his trade at Francesca's in Mountain View on Old Middlefield. It's a tavern, so 21 and over only. IIRC, Uncle Frank's is Louisiana-style, sauce on the side.

HTH