View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 03:41 AM

Default Re: Another Question For Not ready

"Which"

I'm talking about this whole issue and specifically udon'tknow mickey's answer to spaminator.

"While most Calvinist will argue that God does not love everyone, Only loving those whom He predestined. God does love everyone in a sense.

God has a commen love for the whole world. Every Person falls under this catagory. If God did not love the whole world then He would not let us continue to live on the earth. However those whome He has predestined He has a special love for. Because of this love He chose to save them.

udon'tknowmickey:

"I have no quibble with your point, I just avoid calling it love since he allows them to exist only as his vessels to demonstrate his love to those he has chosen. It's like if I were your enemy, but one of my brothers was your henchmen and you came down on hard times financially. I may lend/give you money to help you out, though my ultimate motive is to help my brother out. It's me being nice to you, is it me loving you?"

Spaminator's statement is silly. Udontknowmickey realizes that. But his point, if true, makes these discussions irrelevant. If you can be saved even if you think udon't mickey is wrong (about the whole predestination thing), then why not assume he is wrong?