View Single Post
Old 12-31-2004, 10:02 PM

Default Re: STT basic strategy checklist

[ QUOTE ]
tight play early gives you the credibility that you need to make that one blind steal that you need to have on that 100/200 level which ensures your survival.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blind steals and playing loosely in late position are 2 different things. Opponents who are aware will still respect a blind steal even if you called with JTo or raised with A9 earlier.

Be aware that I'm not talking about playing lots of hands, just a few more. I'm really talking about late position on the first 3 levels in an unraised pot. That's only 5-7 hands, and you'll still fold garbage like T2o, so you'll play even fewer than that.

As for your image, playing like this will help your chances of doubling up with AA or KK. If you play super tight, then raise big, you may not get paid off, even at party.

Most SnG players are terrible post flop. Other than check-raise traps, they really have nothing to offer. Take advantage of this.

A check or min-bet means they have nothing or a monster (usually nothing). Make a bet and be prepared to fold.

Once you get reasonable stack, you can put people to the test. If I have 1400 and I'm in a $200+ pot against someone with 500-600, I'll bet $200 on any flop if he checks. As Doyle and Mike McD said, the key to NL is put your opponent to a decision for all of *HIS* chips. I'm risking $200 to win the $200 pot. He is effectively risking his tournament to play the hand. It's not all about blind stealing.