Thread: The Crusades
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Where You Were, I Was

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What I do disagree with, and what I'm fairly certain M is wrong about, is that Islamic states have a natural or inherent tendency to be evil, totalitarian, or fascistic.

And I'm even more certain that even if they are, that it's not due to anything regarding the nature of Islam.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, but your opinion flies in the face of theose who have lived, breathed and studied Islam all of their lives--the Muslim imams, the mullahs, and the madrassas teachers: THEY believe man's only rightful freedom is to worship Allah and to behave as prescribed in the Koran. What's more, they say so. Of course they don't see that as evil but as good: but regardless of the question of evil or good, it is clearly totalitarian--and you and I (I should think), consider thatto be a bad rather than good thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I've spoken with Pat Robertson and Jerry Fallwell about the nature of Christianity, and they've got a few fascistic things to say about the place of women in the house and the rights of gays. Listen, people that have lived, breathed and shitted Christianity have called for theocracies. I used to read the bible extensively and the harsh, murderous tone of it is one reason (although a minor one [long story]) why I gave it up.