View Single Post
Old 09-17-2004, 05:12 AM

Default Re: 20/40 Home Game Hands

Hey Rory,

A while ago I posted something in the news and gossip forum about how a lot of internet play can really screw up your live game IMO. You get so used to calling down on Party that it becomes tough to let a hand go. I also find that sometimes I value bet a little hard live after playing a lot on the net.

Anyhow, hand 1 looks good to me. I'm not totally convinced you didnt take this down, or chop it up with the other two aces. If he has a set so be it, I think you played well.

Hand 2 looks bad. I realize the button is probably a gambler but you dont have much of a hand here. I would probably fold on the flop. If I did get to the turn I would check, after the BB calls two cold one of them probably has a hand. I wouldnt want to put myself in a position to pay two bets and you obviously need to get to the river. I like the fold on the end.

Hand three is tough. On the net I'm calling this thing down every time. Live I might not end up paying it off agaist a predictable opponent. He should assume you are all over that board and he is still firing. I might end up paying it off, but you really dont beat much. Unless he horribly overplayed AX suited, or a pair and a straight draw you have a loser. This hand along with hand one are just tough spots so I wouldnt get too discouraged.